Ernährungstipps bei chronisch-rheumatischen Erkrankungen
- Completely avoid food rich in arachidonic acid (e.g. offal), limit consumption of meat or cold cuts as well as eggs (e.g. limit meat intake to twice a week).
- Completely avoid animal cooking and spreadable fats; instead use vegetable fats and oils rich in linolenic acid (e.g. canola oil, walnut oil, soy oil).
- Eat sea fish twice a week (e.g. tuna, herring, etc.) to cover your body's demand for omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sources of calcium such as low-fat milk, dairy products and cheese as well as mineral water containing calcium (> 150 mg calcium per litre) should be part of your meals every day in order to avoid osteoporosis.
- Cereal and wholegrain products, rice and potatoes can be consumed without limitation.
- Soy meals, which are also suitable to replace meat, can complete the meal plan.
- Consume your daily share of fruit and vegetables. They contain important vitamins and mineral substances.
- Legumes and vegetables which contain calcium (e.g. leek, chard, fennel, broccoli, spinach, kale) as well as nuts as a source of good fatty acids and micronutrients can be consumed without limitation.